KC Media is looking for energetic intern(s) who can work a flexible schedule as there is no need to come into an office! The advertising / marketing intern will report to LaTasha Kenley and her team of Consultants via email, internet and phone. There will be two weekly status and work days where you will need to meet with LaTasha Kenley on location.
About KC MEDIA
KC Media is an Advertising Media and Marketing Communications company focused on promoting brand awareness, helping clients gain market share and increase sales. KC Media services are tailored to align with its client’s marketing and advertising needs and goals. KCM will provide clients with a broad range of “winning” marketing consulting services. These services include strategic planning as well as tactical implementation. Strategic planning utilizes those processes that lead to an executable marketing plan by identifying areas of opportunity, market segmentation, competitive analysis, and by designing and implementing a plan to reach the desired market most effectively and efficiently. This will serve as a detailed road map for the planning and supervision of all marketing activities. Once completed, the tactical process is initiated leading to the execution of the plan. Other services include multicultural advertising and digital marketing strategies.
- Research potentially new clients for agency marketing
- Participate in the development of new marketing materials and media strategies for KC Media
- Research, create and coordinate marketing efforts of agency/client success stories
- Assist in media planning, media negotiation and media campaign execution
- Content Management for all KC Media social media sites
- Assist in developing and monitoring digital media campaigns for KCM and clients
- Excellent organizational, writing, and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Motivated self-starter
- Ability to wear many hats
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and internet research skills
- 24/7 access to computer (with internet) and mobile phone
- Experience/knowledge of advertising/marketing blogs, social media is a plus
Please note this internship may be extended.
- September – November 2011
- January – March 2012
- June – August 2012
This internship is unpaid, reimbursed for travel to client appointments, staff meetings, and conferences/networking events
Approximately 6-12 hours per week
We are willing to work with any level college student. Majors which best fit the internship include: Marketing, Communications-Advertising, Public Relations/Journalism.
Depending on performance and agency goals/objectives there is an opportunity for this to become a paid position on a consultancy basis.
There is also opportunity for school credit, letters of recommendation, and building your portfolio / writing examples for future career opportunities.
There is an opportunity where depending on performance a recommendation can be sent to KC Media’s clients and media partners for a paid position.
Please send a brief cover letter (introducing yourself and expressing your interest in the position) along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org